Variation - Create variation within and between the residential areas
Allocating such a substantial proportion of the site for open uses allows for 1500 residential units to be provided at an average density of 35-40 dw/ha. There will be substantial variation in the density and form of homes within each of the development areas.
- Allow the creation of a distinctive settlement rather than simply a continuation of housing areas.
- Reflect how local settlements incorporate variation in density, with higher density often being associated with the central point of a settlement; grouping of community and commercial facilities and some buildings acting as landmarks in the area.
- Add to the legibility and attractiveness of distinct places.
- Allow for a greater and more natural inclusion of differing types of homes, including flats, mews homes etc that will be needed to reflect the changing demographic of the area.
- More and better space.
- Affordable Homes.
- From Starter Home to Retirement Centres.